function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vishy RamVishy Ram 

Change set validation error

All: 

I am trying to do a change set for Lead assignment from one sand box to another. I get the following error, not sure what to make of it. 
1. I ensured the profile does have Read, Edit & View all object permission on leads.
2. I am successfully able to upload the change set to my target sand box org.
3. But get the following error on validation. please sos. (Is it a profile, permission issue or some thing with the actual assignment rule that is not correct).

Error message:
Line 3 Column 21 (Assignee does not have permission to view leads: Assignee ID). Which Line 3 and what column 21 and what does the error mean.

please sos.

vishy
609 284 7018 (vishy.ram@capgemini.com)
Best Answer chosen by Vishy Ram
logontokartiklogontokartik
Hi,
Can you pull out the assignment rules xml out and verify for lead? You can define a package.xml file and retrieve all the rules. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<types>
        <members>Lead</members>
        <name>AssignmentRules</name>
 </types>
    <version>31.0</version>
</Package>
The retrieved file will help you figure out which one is causing issue

All Answers

hmm. can you confirm if this is happening when running the test classes? Did you check the new Deployment Status page for the errors? Its specifies which class has actually failed. Also please look at Sharing settings and make sure they are right. 
Vishy RamVishy Ram
Hi Kartik,

Yes on both counts. I am looking at the Deployment Status page for the errors & the profile does have Create, Read & Vew All for Lead Obj. I am not running any test classes as part of the change set. only trying to deploy the Lead assignment rule into another env.

Below is what I got as error. To be exact, it states:

API Name (Lead.Master Assignment Rules) 
Type (Assignment Rule)
Line (3)
Column (21)
Error Message (Assignee does not have permission to view leads:Assignee ID)

There are close to 118 rules set up & assigned to different users in the Master Assignment Rules. The profile has create, read & view all for Leads. It would practially take hours, if i have to decipher through each rule if the error is coming from the rule. That is why I want to know what is the (Line 3 & Column 21) so that I can delete that particular rule and try again. thanks for you help. cheers

Vishy
Hi,
Can you pull out the assignment rules xml out and verify for lead? You can define a package.xml file and retrieve all the rules. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<types>
        <members>Lead</members>
        <name>AssignmentRules</name>
 </types>
    <version>31.0</version>
</Package>
The retrieved file will help you figure out which one is causing issue

This was selected as the best answer
Vishy RamVishy Ram
Thank you. I'll review the Lead assignment rule xml and revert back. appreciated.
Vishy RamVishy Ram
Need your quick help to retrieve the Lead assignment rules. I am on workbench, migration - retrieve tab, for unpacakaged manifest- pacakage.xml, pacakagename- can i give any name & should i check single package, click next. 
how do i pull the Master Assignment Rules (this is the name of my lead assignment rules). Once I pull it I can ask my developer to help me review the errors. thanks
So I assume you have saved the above XML with name "package.xml". On your retrieve you just need to browse and choose the package.xml and click next. (you dont need to give any name) you can check the is single package. 

Vishy RamVishy Ram
please note I did follow the steps you have detailed in your response. when i get the next page
i see the following:
apiVersion: 31.0
singlePackage: true
unpackaged (2)
version: 31.0
types (1)
AssignmentRules
name: AssignmentRules
members (1)
Lead

I hit retrieve and this is the response

This is what i get "Function ("checkStatus") is not a valid method for this service"
what am  i doing wrong ?
I think the v 31.0 has some issue with workbench, can you change your workbench version to 30 or 29 and try the same. It should work.
Vishy RamVishy Ram
thank you sir. that worked. appreciated. I will get my colleague to look at the xml and revert back. cheers
Suzanne ShanksSuzanne Shanks
Download the Canon printer driver as your module is related and install it on your computer. Follow all indications on displaying the screen and install the canon mg3600 setup.
dgdfh gjghjdgdfh gjghj
I noticed the Change set validation error post and wanted to share a solution I found helpful. If you're using VN Video Editor for Mac (https://vnapkmod.net/vn-video-editor-for-mac/), make sure to check your system requirements and update any necessary software. This might resolve the validation error you're facing. Good luck with your video editing!