function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cldavecldave 

Conditional: ISBLANK

Hi I have 2 URL fields I would like to hyperlynk only when they are populated (have data in it)
This is the formula I manage to write but the issue I'm having is that if :"Document_s_Link__C is blank , even if the 2nd URL (Link_document_received__C) has data it will not appear.

IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ",
"Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c  , "Click Here")& BR(),
IF(ISBLANK(  Link_Document_Received__c  )," ",
"Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here")))

Please help me fix this formula, to only show : Click here for those related fields that are not = blank. My logic tells me i need to insert a "OR" between both rules, but no idea how to syntax that properly.

Thank you in advance
James LoghryJames Loghry
IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ","Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c) &
IF(OR(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c),OR(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c),"",BR()) &
IF(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c)," ","Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here"))
Try the above.. I broke it out into three separate IF statements.  The middle IF statement uses OR logic to determine whether or not a BR() is displayed.  
cldavecldave
Ty For your help James,

But Unfortunately I got a bunch of errors.

1 IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ","Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c) &
2 IF(OR(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c),OR(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c)," ",BR()) &
3 IF(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c)," ","Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here")))))

1st was missing a couple ")" which I added, but then got an error saying: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'HYPERLINK()'. Expected 2, received 1

So then I added a 2nd parameter to 1st Hyperlink as such:

1 IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ","Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c, "click Here") &
2 IF(OR(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c),OR(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c)," ",BR()) &
3 IF(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c)," ","Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here")))))
Then go another Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'OR()'. Expected Boolean, received Text (error was pointing to 2nd: ," ", in above code, right after  OR(ISBLANK(Link_Document_Received__c))

Please let me know if you or anyone else can help

Thx