function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland 

Salesforce Jenkins Build Failing

We have jenkins setup with our internal GIT repos and backing up our production org and a few sandboxes. I'm trying to add a few more builds in Jenkins for a few other sandboxes, but when I run the build I'm getting this error. Anyone ever ran across this or know what it could mean? I've even created another build to a sandbox that another one is working on and this new one is giving the error.

retrieve: parsing buildfile jar:file:/path/home/jenkins/jusr/Ant/apache-ant-1.9.4/lib/ant-salesforce.jar!/com/salesforce/antlib.xml with URI = jar:file:/path/home/jenkins/jusr/Ant/apache-ant-1.9.4/lib/ant-salesforce.jar!/com/salesforce/antlib.xml from a zip file

BUILD FAILED /path/home/jenkins/.jenkins/tools/deployScripts/lib/retrieve.xml:24: Should provide a valid retrieve manifest 'unpackaged'. at com.salesforce.ant.RetrieveTask.execute(RetrieveTask.java:104) at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106) at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348) at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:435) at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:456) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1393) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1364) at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1248) at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:851) at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:235) at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280) at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

Total time: 1 second fatal: pathspec '*' did not match any files

On branch master

#

Initial commit

# nothing to commit (create/copy files and use "git add" to track) error: src refspec master does not match any. error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://user@git.abc.com//server/repo/dev/environments/environment.git' Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure Sending e-mails to: test@test.com Finished: FAILURE
KevinPKevinP
when you push to sf with the ant deploy tool, you'll need to be pushing a zip file that contains a package.xml file. 
From the error message i'm guessing this is your first commit, and you don't have one. yet.