function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC@ChennaiSFDC@Chennai 

Not able to Edit from other users

Hi,

I moved from QA to Prod I m able to acces all the field through my account but not able to Edit from other User  Name  why can anyone help me out.

Thanks In advance

Best Answer chosen by SFDC@Chennai
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This sounds like the Field Level Security (FLS) isn't set up correctly for the other user(s).  If you deploy from QA to production without including the profile changes, or you didn't set up anybody else's profile in your QA environment, the fields won't be available to other profiles.

You need to set up the FLS for all of the new fields that you have deployed. If these are standard objects, you need to go to the Customize -> <object> -> Fields menu, or if these are custom objects go to Create -> Objects and click through the custom object in question.

For each field, click on the label and on the resulting page you will see a 'Set Field-Level Security' button - click this and you can set up the access for all profiles.  Repeat this for each field.

You can learn more about field level security at:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_fls.htm&language=en_US

All Answers

ShashForceShashForce
The other user must be having a different Profile. Could you please check?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This sounds like the Field Level Security (FLS) isn't set up correctly for the other user(s).  If you deploy from QA to production without including the profile changes, or you didn't set up anybody else's profile in your QA environment, the fields won't be available to other profiles.

You need to set up the FLS for all of the new fields that you have deployed. If these are standard objects, you need to go to the Customize -> <object> -> Fields menu, or if these are custom objects go to Create -> Objects and click through the custom object in question.

For each field, click on the label and on the resulting page you will see a 'Set Field-Level Security' button - click this and you can set up the access for all profiles.  Repeat this for each field.

You can learn more about field level security at:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_fls.htm&language=en_US
This was selected as the best answer
SFDC@ChennaiSFDC@Chennai
Hi Bob

Thanks  for your solution .
It really helped me out.
SFDC@ChennaiSFDC@Chennai
HI Bob 

I have a doubt :-

After moving from QA to PROD , i m able to acces all the feild in few Oppprtunity Owners not for all.

For example i have a Opportunity say (opportunity owner =A) i am able to get  all fields when i change the same Opportunity  to (opportunity owner =B) i get
( List has no rows for assignment to SObject) Error message can any one help me out.

Thanks in Advance.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This sounds more like sharing than field level security - if the sharing model doesn't allow those users access to the opportunity you would see this error.