function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobinWRobinW 

Salesforce for Outlook: process shutting down after 2 seconds

Hi all,

I've tried the Salesforce Outlook on our Office 365 together with Outlook 2013. However, I cannot seem to get it to work. When I start Outlook or Salesforce for Outlook application, I can see the .exe file running in the processes tab. But after a couple of seconds, it just shuts down without any error.

All the requirements have been met as in the following link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=outlookcrm_sys_req.htm&language=en
.NET is installed, VS Tools for Office Runtime is installed, IE v11, ....

In Outlook, I can see the button 'Show/Hide Salesforce panel' but nothing is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
don.coates1.39629164468634E12don.coates1.39629164468634E12
I have 1 of my 10 users who is experiencing the same problem. Have you had a resolution yet?
RobinWRobinW
Hi Don,

Didn't find a solution yet. I've tried lots of different stuff. Installation on different locations, registrating manually the dll's, ... Haven't been successfull so far. 
Kelsey LoughlinKelsey Loughlin
Robin & Don, has this happened since the begining of your installation?  I installed one day and it was working fine.  The next, it is not working.  Now, mine doesn't shut down, but it just repeats the message "no matching contacts or leads in SF"
RobinWRobinW
Hi Kelsey,

I'm afraid we already had this issue from the beginning. But it looks like we have a different problem here..