function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael WebbMichael Webb 

Spreadsheet for custom fields

I was just wondering if anyone setup a nice spreadsheet for mapping out your custom fields.  I know I can easily create one for a new implamentation just thought if someone had a tried and true layout that would be helpful and I would not forget important items when planning them out.

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Michael Webb
Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
The way we've worked this in our company is by using a Dev org and creating objects to track the various objects, fields, etc. that we create. So far it has been very effective, and has been a good way for our devleopers to understand and actually "use" the platform, especially Chatter.

All Answers

Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
The way we've worked this in our company is by using a Dev org and creating objects to track the various objects, fields, etc. that we create. So far it has been very effective, and has been a good way for our devleopers to understand and actually "use" the platform, especially Chatter.
This was selected as the best answer
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
I have seen some business analysts using schema builder tools while planning their objects structure. Could not recollect the exact names of those schema builders though.