function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobinWRobinW 

Deployment 'Invalid Parameter Value' to whatever Sandbox except production

Hi All,

We currently have a strange situation going on: when we try to deploy Profiles to, whichever, Sandbox, we receive an error saying: Invalid Parameter Value.
I know from the known issues lists that if your profile has a permission related to "View All Data", then this error message appears.

On the profiles (all of them currently) none has this permission or CRUD permission assigned. What the strange part is that we can deploy from Sandbox to Production. But we can't deploy from:
- Sandbox to sandbox
- Production to Sandbox

Anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks,
Robin
Best Answer chosen by RobinW
RobinWRobinW
Hi Bob,

We might have found the cause of this issue but we are not 100% sure. A colleague of mine found out that the 'Invalid Parameter value' is only appearing when you try to deploy a profile which has a Salesforce Platform license.

We noticed that when we where moving all the profiles, that the Salesforce licensed profiles showed an error about missing some page layouts. But all the Salesforce Platform profiles where failing to with the 'Invalid Parameter value'. When we fixed the issue on the Salesforce licensed profiles, the Salesforce Platform licensed profiles deployed succesfully.

So this could be a reason. I'm not 100% sure that this will be the case for everytime this issue appears, but this could be a reason.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
We've seen this with regard to the Moderate Chatter permission on the System Administrator profile. When we try to deploy a change set that includes the sysadmin profile, even though we haven't included any components related to chatter, we get an error around this permission.  The underlying problem in our case is that standard profiles can't be modififed, so if they go out of step between sandbox and production (usually due to a Salesforce release) you need Salesforce to rectify this.  Our current problem is stopping Salesforce support from closing the case immediately - as it has the words "Change Set" in it, they close the case and send us to these forums!
RobinWRobinW
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. We found in similar cases on other projects. For instance the Folder sharing options could cause this invalid parameter value as well. So it looks like discrepancies between different orgs. In our case this could be due to our Multi-org approach where localization might cause this to happen.

Might be better if we had a more usefull error message in stead of searching in the dark.

We are trying at the moment a new full deployment. Hopefully we can get it solved by this. 
RobinWRobinW
Hi Bob,

We might have found the cause of this issue but we are not 100% sure. A colleague of mine found out that the 'Invalid Parameter value' is only appearing when you try to deploy a profile which has a Salesforce Platform license.

We noticed that when we where moving all the profiles, that the Salesforce licensed profiles showed an error about missing some page layouts. But all the Salesforce Platform profiles where failing to with the 'Invalid Parameter value'. When we fixed the issue on the Salesforce licensed profiles, the Salesforce Platform licensed profiles deployed succesfully.

So this could be a reason. I'm not 100% sure that this will be the case for everytime this issue appears, but this could be a reason.
This was selected as the best answer
Vivek Ponugoti 20Vivek Ponugoti 20
HI All,

I faced the same issue, i resolved it by creating a empty profile with the same api name of a profile which you are getting error with.
I got this Answer from below referanced URL.
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/31668/invalid-parameter-type-error-while-deploying-custom-profile