function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
huskerwendyhuskerwendy 

Public Knowledge "No Filter" returns articles that don't belong to that category

I'm having a hard time getting answer as to how to properly set up Public Knowledge when using multiple sites and categories. 

We have 3 main categories groups set up with sub categories in each. The main Categories are "Print and Sign", "Nonprofit" and "Small-Medium Business". Each category is assigned to a different site. We have some articles that are only assigned to the Nonprofit category. However, when you search on the site that's using the "Small-Medium Business" category and search using "No Filter", articles that only belong to the Nonprofit category are returned even though they don't belong to that category and specifically say "No Category" in Article Management for "Small-Medium Business".

I've tried editing the Visibility Settings to change from "All Categories" to Custom categories and that doesn't fix the problem. What am I missing? How can I restrict articles that are returned in searches with No filters? Is that the intended result when "No Filter" is selected?

Here are some images of how I have things set up:

here are the data categories. Each Category has children categories and all of them have "All" as the first subcategory.

User-added image

Data Category Visibility Settings:
User-added image

I have three sites. Each Site is set up to use a different Category and each site's profiles has data visibilty to a different category:

User-added image

Here's how an Article is set up and it's only category is "Nonprofit".
User-added image

When I go to the site for "Print and Sign" and do a search using "No Filter", it returns the article from above that is only assigned to the "Nonprofit" category.

User-added image

Can anyone help me figure out how to limit the search results to only articles that belong to a specific category? Do I need to set up the categories different? I've tried changing visibility settings and that seems to only cause the filter list to change (as in all of the sub categories are gone).
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Wendy,

Could you please let me know if you raised a case with Salesforce support to report this? If so, please provide me the case number.

Thanks,
Shashank
huskerwendyhuskerwendy
Hi Shashank,

Yes, I've created two cases. The first case they told me that since we don't have premier support, they couldn't help me. The second time, he said that the search funtionality with "No Filter" would return articles that contain the keyword in the article. But I'm not sure that he understood that the articles that are being returned aren't in that category. He also siad that in the future, I should post on developer forums because we don't have premier support.

The two cases are 10907705 and 10927332.  I really would appreciate any help you can give me because this is a real problem for us. We can't have articles that don't belong to that category returned in searches.

Wendy
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Wendy,

We have a new process for cases which needed to be handled by developer support. Since Public Knowledge Base is a developer app, and since you do not have developer support as part of your standard support, the right path is to post on this forum. Internal people like me monitor the posts, and create a case if necessary to work on bugs.

I will look into the details and get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Shashank
huskerwendyhuskerwendy
Thanks Shashank, I appreciate you looking into it.
huskerwendyhuskerwendy
Hi Shawshank,

Have you figured anything out with this issue we're having? I'm wondering if it's related to anther issue we're having with searches. We're trying to modify the sites branding by modifying the pkb_home and pkb_templates. It's working until you search. Then it redirects to the original pkb_home page and we can't figure out how to fix it.

If you go to this page:

http://firespring.force.com/nonprofit

and type a search into the "What would you like to know?" text box, it redirects to the original pkb_home page. 

Thanks,

Wendy

ShashForceShashForce
Hi Wendy,

To make things easier for you, may I please request you to raise a new case with all the information and detailed description and provide me the case number here? Upon receiving the case number, I will take ownership of the case and we will work on it.

Thanks,
Shashank
huskerwendyhuskerwendy
Hi Shashank,

I created a case for this. It's case number 10980195.

Thanks,

Wendy