function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Serge DevSerge Dev 

How to upload image and change app's logo

I'm trying to upload a logo.png (1kb) file to replace the default logo for an app in Salesforce.

I've been following many examples on the internet (1 (http://clicksandcode.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/how-to-add-your-company-logo-in.html), 2 (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gpwGAAQ), 3 (http://forcemonkey.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/how-do-i-add-my-own-custom-logo-to.html)) but they all appear to be based on older versions of Salesforce - apparently the interface changed quite a lot since then and I see no links referred to in those examples.

How do I upload an image to Salesforce (v31.0)?

I've went to Setup -> Build -> Develop -> Static Resources and uploaded my image (set to Public) there but it doesn't appear when I try to use it to replace the logo of my app in
Setup -> Build -> Create -> Apps -> [my app] -> Edit -> Insert an Image

A popup shows up with 'My Personal Documents' and it shows there are no files there.

Where/How should I upload the image so that it is used with my deployed managed package?
Best Answer chosen by Serge Dev
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
Hi Serge,

First of all you have to upload image to documents. 
To do this follow these steps

1.Click on Documents Tab 
2. Click on New Button
User-added image
3.Upload the Image that you want to use as logo, while uploading make sure you check the "Externally Available Image" and be sure about the folder in which you are uploading this image.
User-added image

4. Click Save.

Now you have to add this Image to your app.Follow the below steps.

1.Go to Setup >Create> Apps
2.Click Edit in front of your app.
3.Click on Insert Image .
Now a pop up will appear with your uploaded logo
User-added image
If you cannot see the file you want make sure file location is exactly that you want from the above drop down box.
4.Click on the image name.
5.Click Save.

All Answers

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
Hi Serge,

First of all you have to upload image to documents. 
To do this follow these steps

1.Click on Documents Tab 
2. Click on New Button
User-added image
3.Upload the Image that you want to use as logo, while uploading make sure you check the "Externally Available Image" and be sure about the folder in which you are uploading this image.
User-added image

4. Click Save.

Now you have to add this Image to your app.Follow the below steps.

1.Go to Setup >Create> Apps
2.Click Edit in front of your app.
3.Click on Insert Image .
Now a pop up will appear with your uploaded logo
User-added image
If you cannot see the file you want make sure file location is exactly that you want from the above drop down box.
4.Click on the image name.
5.Click Save.
This was selected as the best answer
Catherine Irving 4Catherine Irving 4
Hi Sagar,
I have followed exactly what you have suggested here and it has not worked. Is there potentially any tickbox permission that I don't have on my profile (I am a system admin) or that is not activated for the org or possible anything else I could be missing?
I can upload the file in a folder in documents, and it is 16k, but when I come to upload it into the app, I see no files at all within any folders in documents.
Thank you in anticipation.
Catherine

esazenesazen
I am encountering the same behavior as Catherine.  Images are uploaded to docs.  They are less than 20K.  They do not show up when I try to upload it into the app.
PAUL EHRSAMPAUL EHRSAM
I'm attempting to build my very first "Universal Container Store" APP which is the one they use in DreamForce.  I'm having the same problem where I uploaded my logo to the Documents tab under My Personal Documents, but when I click [Insert An Image] I get the My Personal Documents pop-up box and it's empty.  When I navigate back through the Documents tab to My Personal Documents I see the logo.  I refreshed my browser and tried again on the [Insert An Image] button but still not showing up
Amit Sharma 150Amit Sharma 150
I am facing the same any answerx??
Deepak Mallurkar 6Deepak Mallurkar 6
Make the image externally available.
Gerardo GarGerardo Gar
Check if the image is smaller or equal than 20K and make it externally available. I was facing the same error and I needed change the size of the image.
Priyank Singh 8Priyank Singh 8
***Here's the Solution*** -:
Just make this checkbox ticked "Externally Available Image" and Bingo.
For doing this just goto Document tab>> select your image and click on edit>> tick the checkBox >> Save it >> DONE 
Autumn KerseyAutumn Kersey
Do these instructions apply to the Lightning version? I don't have access to a 'Documents' area in Lightning. I've tried opening Static Resources but hit a dead end. Still seeking a solution to add my logo...
Scott Allison 9Scott Allison 9
This answer does not address lighting apps.  Lighting apps are only available in lighting experience, and it appears you must upload a new image every time you change the image.  The "upload" link does open a popup which gives access to local client files and not org files.
srinivas pettigadi 12srinivas pettigadi 12
am unable to replace my logo with salesforce logo, i have added image in documents and created in page layout, assigned page layout to the system administrator user, still it doesnt got repleced. Some one can answer my query
Jisha j 9Jisha j 9
@priyank sing 8

The solution worked.Thank you
Sangeeta Patra 11Sangeeta Patra 11
Image file size in pixels should be <= 300 width x 55 height. Then we can see the files in Documents while selecting image for App.
William A. WalkerWilliam A. Walker
One day before, I faced the same problem, but the nature of the problem was slightly differrent. I wanted to upload an image but due to the slow speed of the internet, it caused many problems so I suggest you check out your internet service speed before doing it practically on the platform (https://www.charterspeedtest.info/zuku-speed-test/).