function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
otivbotivb 

SOQL no results via Apex, Workbench or Developer Console, large object with many rows

When executing the following query on an object with many rows the system appears to hang. No results are returned, nor is any error triggered. Developer console returns "Communication Failure - no response from server", Workbench just keeps adding dots "." to "loading" message, nothing actually loads and eventually returns "Service was temporarily interupted or is unavailable. Please try again in a moment". The apex application just appears to hang.

SELECT Id,LastModifiedDate FROM AccountShare ORDER BY LastModifiedDate DESC LIMIT 2000

If we then execute the same query approx. 1 to 2 hours later we instantly get a result. I suspect this is because the query has been cached.

This type of query is being used by a Backup application that we are currently reviewing.

This also occurs on other objects: OpportunityShare, CaseComment and a few others.
KaranrajKaranraj
What is the result in Apex data loader? Are you still facing this issue? If so raise case with salesforce suppport, they will assit you better, beacuse i can able to run same query in my org without any issue.
David "w00t!" LiuDavid "w00t!" Liu
Check out http://trust.salesforce.com/

It tells you the status of your Salesforce server. 

Just this week I had the same problem, and it turned out that my server was having issues. An hour later things were 100% fine!