function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venkata Sumedha singanamalaVenkata Sumedha singanamala 

BatchApex coding for Invoice Archiving

Hi All,

I have a small requirment where I need to archive 1400 invoices generated by the user for a month to a directory which can be viewed by the user in future for reference.

Can anyone help me in this regards how this can be acievable using batchApex??

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds,
Seshagiri
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
If are working for only 1400 invoices then you can process them without a batch. And if you need more help on Batch Apex then follow this link 
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_batch_interface.htm
so for how many invoices do I require to use batch?? So if it that I can fulfill the requirement of 1400 invoices just with the help of scheduling.?? And if you don't mind could you please explain me the scenario what I have specified in my earlier post using batch.. Regards, Seshagiri
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
Sorry Venketa I miss read your previous post. Yes you need to write a batch which will be schedule like on daily basic using a scheduled job and run on predefined schedules and archives the data using Webservices. Or you can use the data loader to export the data and put it at a designated folder and then read the csv and put the data in your db hosted on other cloud like Amazon. You can schedule the dataloader to run the job in batches every day,
Thank you Deepak.. :) Regards, Venkata