function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manu@devManu@dev 

Page Layout and Mini Page Layout

Hi,

I am confused to understand the differences between page layout and mini page layout and I really the didn't understand the following word. Can some pleas ehelp me here

1. What is "Console View"
2. What is difference between Page Layout, Mini Page Layout, Search Layout and any other layout if available.

Would be grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Manu

Best Answer chosen by Manu@dev
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

For Console view : https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=console2_about.htm&language=en_US

Page Layout:  In org there is account tab when you click on Account tab then it will show you list of account records. When click on any record then it will show you record details. like name of account and other fields this screen called Page layout and it is a detail layout of account, And when you click on edit button then you will see that all fields are editable, this screen called edit page layout.

Mini Layout : When we are on detail page layout there are type of fields showing their values, if there is any look up or any master detail field and you will take mouse (mouse hover) on value of this field it will show you detail of that record in mini layout box. that is called Mini layout page.

Search Layout : When you try to find any record by global search and result will found then it will show you some fields of that record so that fields determine which you have selected in search layout. and you can select any button also there

All Answers

AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

For Console view : https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=console2_about.htm&language=en_US

Page Layout:  In org there is account tab when you click on Account tab then it will show you list of account records. When click on any record then it will show you record details. like name of account and other fields this screen called Page layout and it is a detail layout of account, And when you click on edit button then you will see that all fields are editable, this screen called edit page layout.

Mini Layout : When we are on detail page layout there are type of fields showing their values, if there is any look up or any master detail field and you will take mouse (mouse hover) on value of this field it will show you detail of that record in mini layout box. that is called Mini layout page.

Search Layout : When you try to find any record by global search and result will found then it will show you some fields of that record so that fields determine which you have selected in search layout. and you can select any button also there

This was selected as the best answer
Manu@devManu@dev
Thank you Ashlekh,

Thanks a lot for giving a brief and exact answer which I need.

R - Manu
Nerd sfdcNerd sfdc
@Ashish - Thank you for the answer but then what is the difference between Mini Page Layour and Page Layout. I am clear on Mini View.