function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger 

Querying ApexExecutionOverlayResult via the Tooling API gives an UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

I'm trying to send a SOQL query to the Tooling API (Soap version) to bring back the ApexExecutionOverlayResult records.

If I send the query:
Select Id, HeapDump from ApexExecutionOverlayResult

I get the result:
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1377859780-46461 (1693774395)

The same issue occurs if I include any of these fields (which are typically the most interesting fields in the checkpoint output):
  • HeapDump,
  • ApexResult,
  • SOQLResult
Running the same query in the developer console against the Tooling API gives the same errors.
Best Answer chosen by Daniel Ballinger
Found out via Support (Case # 11025841) that you can only retrieve a single records complex types in any Tooling API SOQL query or you will get an internal limit error. So adding a Limit 1 or an explicit Id = '07n700000000000AAC' to the where clause will work.

All Answers

Ugh, I can't edit my post. Any way. My Org ID is 00D7000000092ni. It should be farily easy to replicate this error if you have checkpoint outputs that can be queried.
Pramod_SFDCPramod_SFDC
Hi,

Tooling api can be used in Workbench using REST Explore tab. Not sure, if it can be used in Developer Console.

>> https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Winter-14-How-can-I-get-the-code-coverage-of-a-class-using-the-API-186&language=en_US

Regards
Pramod

Hi Pramod,

The question isn't about the REST API. It is about the SOAP API. The error can be replicated with the developer console when sending the SOQL query to the Tooling API.

Code coverage is not applicable here. This is about getting the heap dump from the execution overlay.

Regards,
Daniel

Found out via Support (Case # 11025841) that you can only retrieve a single records complex types in any Tooling API SOQL query or you will get an internal limit error. So adding a Limit 1 or an explicit Id = '07n700000000000AAC' to the where clause will work.
This was selected as the best answer