function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose FiguereoJose Figuereo 

Contact Roles: Reports or Formulas

Hi,

I created an Accounts report to list all active accounts but would also like to be able to identify the accounts where a specific Contact Role is missing.

For example: We have a Role for Contacts called "Executive Sponsor" and would like to identify the accounts that do not have contacts with that Role.

I tried a cross-filter: Accounts without Contact Roles (with a sub) Role equals "Executive Sponsor". I was hoping that this would yield to accounts "without" an Executive Sponsor contact role but it did not as it rendered accounts that do have an Executive Sponsor.

Is it possible to identify accounts where specific Contact Roles are missing? Could this perhaps require a different type of reporting or a Custom Role Object?

I would appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks!
CJagannathCJagannath
You can identify account (with or) without contact role using report. The account dataset without any contact role will list down the accounts that does not have ANY contact roles.

To give you an analogy, let’s say account has one pick list field with three different values A, B, C. Now you can definitely identify those accounts which has no value for that pick list field, but identifying account which does not have A or B or C is impractical since there is no values for that field. Hope it explains your scenario too. If it is your customer requirement, you need to communicate them accordingly.

Regards,
Jagannath
SteveMo__cSteveMo__c
Can you post a screenshot of the Report, Filter, and Results, and onr of the incorrect Accounts with Contact Roles?  

I've tested this Cross-Filter on my Dev SFDC org and it worked 

Filtered By:   
Cross-filter
Accounts without Contact Roles 
        Role equals Playah