function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KasriftKasrift 

Box.com embed fullscreen question

I have a question about adding a Box.com embedded widget to the Standard Case Layout.  I tried adding it as a VF component which was then referenced in a VF page and I tried adding it directly to a VF page.  When I do either of these and add it to a section on the Case Layout, the documents on Box.com don't seem to allow for fullscreen functionality.

My question is this, was this something that was changed at some point?  I seem to remember that it worked when I clicked on the full screen button in the box.com widget that it would full screen on the browser, not just the section that the embed is placed on.  I reached out to Box.com and they said that Salesforce sees it as an iframe within an outer iframe (which SF controls).  Does anyone else know how to make the full screen functionality of the Box.com widget work properly or able to provide feedback/confirmation that this won't work on a standard Case layout.  I'm assuming that if I make the whole page a VF page and create the fields, layout, and embed on the custom VF page that the full screen functionality will work.
Best Answer chosen by Kasrift
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This is browser behaviour, not Salesforce or box.com functionality.

When you embed an iframe in a page, the maximum size of any content is constrained by the dimensions of the iframe. If you want to expand outside of this, you'd have to use a popup window rather than a new layer inside the iframe.

It might be that box.com used to open a new window that was the full size of the screen but no longer use that mechanism.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This is browser behaviour, not Salesforce or box.com functionality.

When you embed an iframe in a page, the maximum size of any content is constrained by the dimensions of the iframe. If you want to expand outside of this, you'd have to use a popup window rather than a new layer inside the iframe.

It might be that box.com used to open a new window that was the full size of the screen but no longer use that mechanism.
This was selected as the best answer
KasriftKasrift
Thank you for the reply and clear answer Bob.  =)  Ya, there is something that they changed on Box.com's end and I was chatting with support over there.  They said pretty much the same thing, that as of now SF controls the frame size and it won't full screen past the iframe that it is in embedded in.  I appreciate you taking the time to confirm it from the SF side though.