function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gerardo BiancoGerardo Bianco 

Mobile app developed on MobileSDK rejected from Apple Store... need any Salesforce authorisation?

I have asked to publish a mobile app developed on MobileSDK and I received the following answer:

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately we are unable to accept Salesforce based applications without authorization from the rights holder. In order to proceed with your application please respond with documentation evidencing your authorization.

Mine is a free application that allows to access offline the salesforce data.

Do I need to obtain a special authorization or this is just a misunderstanding with the Apple guys?

Thanks a lot
Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh
You should submit an appeal with Apple explaning that this is an open App that anyone can use, and you can send them links to Salesforce SDK page. 

You can also send them link to this page that states that this library is issued under OpenSDK  (and look for license agreement in the sdk as well) source: https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Webinar:_IntroMobileSDK_FAQ 

They might object to using Salesforce's name in the name of your app, as it would lead to copy-right issues, so use some other name, and in description you can put a disclaimer, that this app is not released by Salesforce.

I would suggest working this with Apple Review team, they are usually very responsive, thoguh due to high workload they do tend to reject on trivial issues.