function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manu@devManu@dev 

Formula field question

Hi all,

Can someone help me to answer this question.

What can cross object formula reference?
A. Child object Records only
B. Other Records of the same object
C. Parent object Records only
D. Both parent and Child Object Records

I guess the correct answer is A but some onw said the answer is D. Can some one please help me to understand this.

Thanks,
Manu
NaveenReddyNaveenReddy
For your question the answer is option C.You  can access parent record fields in child object through cross object reference.
For all custom objects and some standard objects, you can create workflow and approval actions where a change to a detail record updates a field on the related master record. Cross-object field updates work for custom-to-custom master-detail relationships, custom-to-standard master-detail relationships, and a few standard-to-standard master-detail relationships. For example, in a custom recruiting application, create a workflow rule that sets the status of an application (the master object) to “Closed” when a candidate (the detail object) accepts the job

Regards,
Naveen
Software Engineer
http://www.autorabit.com
Manu@devManu@dev
Naveen,

Many thanks for your anwer. Your explanation is making sense that answer could be "C", but as I am preparing some guide which is giving some wrong information. Can you please also help to answer the below questions with appropriate reasons-  Thanks in advance

2. Universal Containers tracks the Positions as a custom object in a recruiting application. All position with a priority of critical should not be open for more than 14 days. If position remained open for more than 14 days, the priority should be re-examined.
How would developer automate this process
A. Create a time independent workflow action that sends an email to recruiter if the position is still open 14 days after record creation
B. Create a time independent workflow action that updates the position status to closed 14 days after record creation
C. Create a validation rule that compares today's date and the records creation date to determine if the difference is greater than 14 days.
D. Create a workflow action to done the position, assigned to the owner of the position of the record, that is due 14 days after record creation

I guess answer is A but the guide shows answer as B.

3. For the objects where data access is granted through role hierarchy, how is access granted
A. Users are only granted access to data owned by users below them in role hierarchy
B. Users are granted access to data accessible by users below them in role hierarchy
C. Users are granted read only access to data owned by users above them in role hierarchy
D. Users are granted access to data accessible to users in the same role in the role hierarchy

In above question option A and B are confusing, can someone explain the answer with correct reason ?

Thanks in advance

R - Manu

NaveenReddyNaveenReddy
Question # 2
The Answer should be option A . Since the position should be re examined if it still opens after 14 days of creation. creating time dependent workflow action and sending email to recruiter if the position is still open 14 days after record creation is a better solution.

Question # 3
The answer should be Option A. Users will have access to records owned by their sub ordinates not all the data that is accessible by their subordinates.

*Mark as best answer if you satisfied with the explanation.

Regards,
Naveen
Software Engineer,
http://www.autorabit.com