function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Felicia Abramson - Bit9Felicia Abramson - Bit9 

Create New Case from Old Case, Populate information on Old Case from New Case

This is a very specific example of what I'd like to do. As I thought of what needed to be done I figured it would be something realted to Apex but wanted to run it by the community.

As a note, I am an Admin and I can read some code but have not created anything related to Apex (just started watching the Apex for Admins video right now to get started :) )

We want to be able to escalate specific types of cases, if needed to a new case called CSI. What we would like to do is from the old case, click a button and be taken to a new case with a different record type. We would like for the new case to clear out the value of the account and the contact (eventually this new case may be related to more than one account if enough customers report an issue), and we would like the old case to be linked to the new case via a lookup field on the old case layout. I'm trying to wrap my head around how this can be done without apex but I'm drawing a blank.

In the meantime we could have this be a manual process (create a new case with the new record type, save it, go back to the old case and search for the new case in the lookup field), but I feel like that can be an annoyance and could lead to error.

Any thoughts? 
RadnipRadnip
Have you looked at Salesforce Actions? You should be able to do all of this through declarive point and click without any code. If you create a Case Action button then on the action you have "Predefined Field Values" set the values for all the fields you want to create on your new case with the values of your current case, and bingo.
Felicia Abramson - Bit9Felicia Abramson - Bit9
Wow, that is exactly what I need to do.  Thanks!