function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adu86Adu86 

For Update in SOQL

Hi,

I am trying to implement record locking within an Apex controller. To test this out, I have a very simple Visualforce page with a custom controller. In the controller's constructor I have a SOQL query that uses the FOR UPDATE keyword to lock the Account records queried. On page load, I want to lock the record so if another user access the same Visualforce page, record locking is enforced. The controller also has an action method to do a simple DML Update on the same account records that can be invoked through an apex command button.

Here is my test scenario: I log in a 2 different users in different browsers, load the visualforce page which invokes the controller constructor. I then invoke the action method which performs the DML update. I was expecting to see the 2nd action fail since the first constructor invocation had locked the account records. But I was able to successfully update the account records.

Question #1: How does Apex handle record locking across a controller's entire view state?

Question #2: Is there a way to lock a record for the duration of a Visualforce page where the SOQL is in the constructor but the DML operations are in other action methods within the same controller?

Thanks
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi

Hope this link will hep you : http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/22636/soql-record-locking-for-update