function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Muhammad WasimMuhammad Wasim 

Recruiting app - Master-Detail relationship between Review and Job_Application objects.

If any one of you created the Force.com default Recruiting app. I have a simple yet weird question for you guys. I can't see any Job_Application object in the related to list.

Let's start by adding the master-detail relationship field, which will relate our Review object with the Job Application object. To create the master-detail relationship field, access the Review object detail page.

4. Select Master-Detail Relationship, and click Next.
5. In the Related To drop-down list, choose Job Application, and click Next.

So I'm stuck at 5th point. I have Job Application object created already, which have two relationships in it, one with Position object and the other one is with Candidate object. Pleas help.
Best Answer chosen by Muhammad Wasim
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora
If Job Application has already two master detail relationship then you won't be able to create the third one. It's a limit that you can create at max two master detail relationship on object. Try making existing mater-detail relationship into lookup relationship, am pretty sure then you'll be able to see Job Application in related to list :-)

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora
If Job Application has already two master detail relationship then you won't be able to create the third one. It's a limit that you can create at max two master detail relationship on object. Try making existing mater-detail relationship into lookup relationship, am pretty sure then you'll be able to see Job Application in related to list :-)
This was selected as the best answer
@Ankit Arora. If I consider your point and before going to make changes in existing master-detail relationships. I want to clear you a point that now I don't want to create a master-detail relationship in the Job Application object. Instead I need it in the Review object, and for this master-detail relationship, master will be my Job Application object which already have 2 master-detail relationships in it. Still it is not valid? Please elaborate on it. Preparing for Dev401 :/
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora
I think that will work. See big picture is this, if your object 1 is master in master-detail relationship then object 1 can't become child of any object in mast-detail relationship. But object 1 can become child in normal lookup relationship. I hope it's clear now?

Yea got it. There is some problem with my objects. As it is possible to build such hierarchy. Where Candidate and Position are master objects of Job Application and Job Application is master of Review object. I'll look at it why it is not showing me Job Application object in Related to field.

Did you author a book "Force.com tips and tricks"? I just had a look on google books and read your name there. I'm feeling lucky that I'm talking to a geek and getting my questions answered by a person who is an expert in the subject. Definitely would like to get help from you in getting my Dev401 preparation up to the mark so that I can easily pass the exam. Thanks for being there. :)

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora
No problem mate. We are always happy to help. It's not only me, there are many others who are working very hard on boards to solve problems. You can always post your questions here and we will try our best to solve it. In return if you feel any of the post helped you don't forget to mark it as solved, so other may get benefit with the same post :-)
WycliffeOnchariWycliffeOnchari
I really appreciate the response.