function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Petr Částek 3Petr Částek 3 

What permissions should be set to access my app after installation.

Hi
I've finished my app for managing leads. I will distribute the app in managed package containing these types of items:
- visualforce pages
- apex classes
- custom objects and fields.
While permissions for accessing VF pages and apex classes can be set directly to user profiles, permissions for accessing custom objects can be set to concrete users only, using permission sets.
Primary I want to make installation of the app easy for admin. So I've set the permissions for accessing VF pages and apex classes to standard user profile and to admin profile and I've created a permission set for accessing custom objects. Shall an automatic installer assign the new permission set to all users with standard user profile and to all admins? What about other user profiles? Or is it normal to give instructions to admin what he should set to allow users to use the app? Or does your app use other practice to set permissions to users? Thank you
Petr Částek 3Petr Částek 3
"permissions for accessing custom objects can be set to concrete users only, using permission sets" ... more accurate: standard users' access to custom objects can't be set through permission sets only, other profiles' access can be set directly