function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vandana RattanVandana Rattan 

Duplicate Contact List on Lead Conversion

In my current system, the Lead Convesrion requires my Sales Rep to Select only one account XYZ when the Compay name is not known. However, if the Company Name is known, a new Account will be created by the Sales Rep. The contact thet gets created will be created under the XYZ account. A relationship is mantained between the contact and newly created account. I require to:-

Show a list of all simialr Contacts. How can I implement this functionality?

I can write a trigger to fetch duplicate contacts. But how do I show this to user as a list from which user can select one? Can I use Visualforce page for displaying the contact list?

Thanks in Advance
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
Yes you can use VF page as a inline VF page to display those Contact list and then set that inline V.F on Page layout can also provide the facility to edit or delete those contact records which you are showing on inline V.F page so that user can perform action for those contacts.
Vandana RattanVandana Rattan
Thanks for your reply Deepak. Can you please elaborate a little bit..
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
As you are saying you need to show the duplicate records that means you have some criteria on which you can decide which records are duplicate. So just create a V.F with standard controller and an extension so that page can be used as a inline V.F page and will show those duplicate records.
You can easily get the records id dynamically on which that V.F is opened so that you can filter over a set of records.

Please mark this post a best solution for your question if it solves your problem.