function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrei KuznetsovAndrei Kuznetsov 

Renaming Content standard tab

Hi. Our company wants to use standard Content tab in our new partner community. But, we need to come up with more intuitive name and having it displayed to portal users. Content tab is not available for renaming so I took two approaches, first to use Web tab with the following url:
http://cs3.salesforce.com/sfc/#search. The problem with this apporach as that it shows up as tab with another Salesforce screen inside.

The second approach was to have VF tab with VF page like this:

<apex:page action="/sfc/#search" tabstyle="Search__tab">
</apex:page>

But, Content tab is still displayed. I couldn't find any solution on internet.

Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Andrei Kuznetsov
Please, before posting answers do some research, not just providing irrelevent steps from SF documentation. For those who need to achieve the same thing here is solution. Please mark it as helpful if it was for you. I need to start collecting some points. =)

1. 'Content' is not even standard SF tab. It is completely hidden from the renaming, at least as of Winter 15.
2. Create VF page like this. Note, don't bother to add any html on the page it's completely ignored by SF.

3. Create VF tab and associate it with this page.
4. Now, this is important: you have to hide original 'Content' tab from the profile that should only see you renamed tab.
5. There will be one side effect though, the tab will never be highlighted when active. I tried many things to take control over it, but SF completely ignores it. It just redirect you to their own Content tab.

All Answers

Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
1. From Setup, click Customize | Tab Names and Labels | Rename Tabs and Labels.
2. Select your default language from the Select Language drop-down list at the top of the page.
3. Click Edit next to the tab you want to rename. Optionally, click Reset to change the name of your renamed tab to its original name.
4. Enter the singular and plural forms of the new tab label. Also, if applicable for the language, select the Starts with a vowel sound checkbox for labels that start with a vowel. This ensures that the proper article (such as “a” or “an”) is used. Then click Next.
A renamed tab or object cannot use the name of another standard tab, custom object, or custom tab.
5. Enter the standard field labels and other user interface labels to be used for the selected tab or object. Be sure to enter both a singular and plural form for each label that requires it. Also, select the Starts with a vowel sound checkbox for labels that start with a vowel.
If your organization uses person accounts, see Renaming Person Account Labels.
6. Click Save.
7. Repeat this procedure to translate labels into all other languages used in your organization.
Please, before posting answers do some research, not just providing irrelevent steps from SF documentation. For those who need to achieve the same thing here is solution. Please mark it as helpful if it was for you. I need to start collecting some points. =)

1. 'Content' is not even standard SF tab. It is completely hidden from the renaming, at least as of Winter 15.
2. Create VF page like this. Note, don't bother to add any html on the page it's completely ignored by SF.

3. Create VF tab and associate it with this page.
4. Now, this is important: you have to hide original 'Content' tab from the profile that should only see you renamed tab.
5. There will be one side effect though, the tab will never be highlighted when active. I tried many things to take control over it, but SF completely ignores it. It just redirect you to their own Content tab.
This was selected as the best answer