function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Luke VangLuke Vang 

Anyway to globally disable setting: Email me when someone assigns me a task

So in the Winter 15 the feature Email me when someone assigns me a task is automatically set by default. Is there a way to turn off this feature globally, so the users don't have to do it themselves?
kevin lamkevin lam
Have you tried hiding the setting:
Customize > Activities > Activity Settings and deselect Enable user control over task assignment notifications.
Sodexo AdministratorSodexo Administrator
From my research, that just means that users don't have an option but an email is still sent.  The problem we are facing is that in this email there is a link that takes the user outside of our custom console.  If anyone has found something different I'd love to hear it.
Rupert MayerRupert Mayer
If I have understood correctly, the setting that kevin is pointing out above brings back the pre-Winter-15 behavior, in which the user who creates the task controls with a checkbox on the "New task" screen whether the person whom the task is assigned to receives a notification.
MarkLevyMarkLevy
What about when tasks are created and assigned via apex code? These tasks seem to be defaulting to sending the email notifications and I don't know how to get it to stop.