function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lalilali 

How do I get the controlling feild value and its corresponding picklist values of a given dependent feild?

I have  a method that can get the picklist values of a given feild. But for a dependent picklist feild, I want to get the controlling feild value and its corresponding picklist values . Can some one help on how to do this...

this is code that gets the value of the picklist feilds

global static List<String> getPicklistValues(String ObjectApi_name,String Field_name){

List<String> lstPickvals=new List<String>();
      Schema.SObjectType targetType = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get(ObjectApi_name);//From the Object Api name retrieving the SObject
      Sobject Object_name = targetType.newSObject();
      Schema.sObjectType sobject_type = Object_name.getSObjectType(); //grab the sobject that was passed
      Schema.DescribeSObjectResult sobject_describe = sobject_type.getDescribe(); //describe the sobject
      Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> field_map = sobject_describe.fields.getMap(); //get a map of fields for the passed sobject
      List<Schema.PicklistEntry> pick_list_values = field_map.get(Field_name).getDescribe().getPickListValues(); //grab the list of picklist values for the passed field on the sobject

for (Schema.PicklistEntry a : pick_list_values) { //for all values in the picklist list
          lstPickvals.add(a.getValue());//add the value  to our final list
      }
      return lstPickvals;
    }

Thanks
Lalitha