function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kiran.sfdc14Kiran.sfdc14 

Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications

Hi All,

Currently we are working on sandbox preview release (Winter 15), there is a new feature on Activities "Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications" which is default checked.

Procedure :

I have a custom "New Task" visualforce page from which we can create a task and assign to multiple users, there is a check box "Send Notification Mail".
When we check "Send Notification Mail" and create a task there is a custom code which will send email to all the users who are assigned to the task.

When "Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications" is checked.

a)  When I create a new task from visualforce page with out checking "Send Notification Mail" automatic email notifiaction is sent to assigned to user by salesforce with related to value as null.
b) When I create a new task from visualforce page with checking "Send Notification Mail" 2 mails are going to the users in which one is auto generated email from salesforce which has related to value as null and other one is system generated mail.

Now the problem is with the new feature "Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications" salesforce is automatically sending the mail with related to value as null.