function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Catriona AllcockCatriona Allcock 

Error: Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception

I am having issues with a managed Apex trigger from the NPSP.  This is the error I get anytime I try to update a contact: 

Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data. Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npsp.TDTM_Contact: System.LimitException: Query of LOB fields caused heap usage to exceed limit.

I am the system admin, but I am newer to Salesforce and have no background in development.  If someone could help me out with this error I would really appreciate it. I am not sure what happened to cause this. I have not changed any setup for weeks. 
rohitsfdcrohitsfdc
Hello Catriona,
I may need to look into debug logs to find the root cause of this issue. This app is being used by many other users, and no one has seen this error before. which means, it has something to do with your salesforce configuration.

Let me know if you can provide me access to sandbox or something, i would be happy to help you out.

Thanks

Catriona AllcockCatriona Allcock
Rohitsfdc, I would really appreciate the help. What is the best way to get you the sandbox access you need to find the cause of this error? Thanks Catriona CatrionaAllcock_signature PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your cooperation.
rohitsfdcrohitsfdc
You can create a new user for me in the sandbox or provide me access to existing user.
My email id : rohit@applikontech.com

I would be available on skype. My id is : r.girdhar
System Administrator 123System Administrator 123
We are having same issue - any updates to contact causes this error  Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npsp.TDTM_Contact: System.LimitException: Query of LOB fields caused heap usage to exceed limit.
As the trigger is part of the package not much we can do.......
System Administrator 123System Administrator 123
This is being worked on by the NPSP team. As a work around if you revert the household naming setting in npsp to {!LastName} Household and turn off Automatic Household Naming you avoid this issue.
Kalman SweetwineKalman Sweetwine

I just posted the following response here (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AkPeIAK) since it is the same issue. This suggestion (above) is not solving the error. 

I modified the NPSP settings to the above suggestion. I am still getting the following error when I edit certain contact fields. There are the fields that cause the error. Other fields (I.e. OtherStreet, phone, email - do not cause the error).
MailingStreet
MailingCity
MailingState
MailingZip
Title
OtherCity
OtherZip
OtherState

Error:Apex trigger npsp.TDTM_Contact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: npsp.TDTM_Contact: System.LimitException: npsp:Too many SOQL queries: 101

This is no good. When is a fix coming.. Any other suggestions?

User-added image