function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rishi trehan 7rishi trehan 7 

Unable to process flow from force.com workbook - Create a flow

Hello.  I'm new to Salesforce and am following the tutorials in the Force.com Workbook.  The lesson is to create a flow to add a Line Item to an existing Invoice when you press a custom button. I am stuck on Step 7 - Try out the app (page 74 - Force.com workbook Summer' 14 edition). On click of button - "Add Line Item and Update Stock Qty" I am taken to the new flow screen, where I put in the values for Line Item Number, Merchandise, Quantity ordered and Unit Price; but I get the error

Add Line Item from Invoice and Update Stock Quantity
An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

I am stuck at this for past one month. then left it, started the application all over again, but same error. I remember I tried debugging it earlier and found that there was an error in updating the Record. But am not sure how to do it again.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Rishi Trehan
rishi trehan 7rishi trehan 7
More...

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity/301o00000000D92 exception by user/organization: 00Do0000000aayz/{4}

UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [Invoice__c] ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : FlowRecordCreate.Create_Line_Item

caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [Invoice__c] ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 741177897-32258 (-1473334608)
Emre CulluEmre Cullu
Hi,

I am stuck at that step too. I got the same error message. Any advices ? 

Thank you,

Emre
Thiyagarajan GopalakrishnanThiyagarajan Gopalakrishnan
Hi

Even I am stuck with the Flow. Any comments.

Regards
Thiyagarajan
Henry GohHenry Goh
Hi Rishi,
I had the same error as you before. But I'm not sure if this helps.
How did you create your vInvoiceId variable and assign to the URL string query?
Does the string query has the same letter case as your variable?

https://ap1.salesforce.com/flow/Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity?vInvoiceId={!Invoice__c.Id}&retURL={!Invoice__c.Id}

Best regards,
Henry
Mahipal MaddireddyMahipal Maddireddy
HI Henry/Gopal,
You need to pass the Invoice ID through the button click . Use the same link specified in the tutorial (i.e. /flow/Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity​?vInvoiceId={!Invoice__c.Id}&retURL=/{!Invoice__c.Id}) in your app. It should work. If you observe the the URL .. we are passing invoice ID in it.

Hope this helps you.

Thnaks,
Mahi M
Zareh ZetlianZareh Zetlian
Hi,

The flow URL is case-sensitive. Did you create a flow variable "vInvoiceId" or "vInvoiceID"? If the latter, then your flow URL should be:
/flow/Add_Line_Item_from_Invoice_and_Update_Stock_Quantity​?vInvoiceID={!Invoice__c.Id}&retURL=/{!Invoice__c.Id}

Regards,

Zareh
Paromita BhattacharjeeParomita Bhattacharjee
Hi Guys, I had faced the same problem. Then I tried different techniques and realized there is a fault in the workbook itself. Kindly check the snapshot for the change I made... It is in the record create tab in the flowNotice the change in the variable textbox
Boyd PetrieBoyd Petrie
I had this problem, and Zareh's solution was the answer. I had an upper-case ID, when it should have been Id. Problem solved! Thanks Zareh!
krishna deepakkrishna deepak
Hi, I am facing the same problem:
Sorry, an error occurred in the flow.
For help, provide your flow administrator with the following
information: INSERT --- INSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [Invoice_V1__c],

In the Work book it is mentioned as "Invoice",  but I have created it as "Invoice_V1".

I Have created the flow variable has "vInvoiceId" and even followed the step mentioned by Paromita, but same issue persists. Can some one help me here.
Anu GargAnu Garg
Hi Krishna ,

delete the whole flow start again and only run it when you are navigating it through invoice to try the app , if you will run it from the flow you will get the erroor , atleast it was like this with me . I spent my whole day and then i realise this .