function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brodie McIntyreBrodie McIntyre 

Identity Provider Option Missing

Hi folks,
I am looking at the possibility of using Sales force as an external IDP for one of our clients.  The problem is that while I am trying to mock out an example service I cannot set up my trial salesforce account to use IDP.  

In the document here: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=identity_provider_enable.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=identity_provider_enable.htm&language=en_US) it states that you can just click on a menu link (Security Controls -> Identity Provider)  to enable SalesForce as an identity provider.  I have created a domain as one other document says but the problem is that I don't have that link:

Screen shot showing non existent Menu option

I only have the trial account at this time as I'm evaluating the process etc. but do I need to have fully paid access to see this functionality, even for a trail?
Thanks for any replies to this strange problem.

Best Answer chosen by Brodie McIntyre
chuckmortimorechuckmortimore
Hey Brodie - sorry about the delay.    It looks like you're using a Professional Edition trial.   The Identity Provider feature is only available in EE and above.     Sorry about that!

All Answers

Interesting.   Not clear why you're missing the link, but we'll get you fixed up.   What's your OrgID?   ( you can find it under Company Infomation in Setup ) 
Great thanks for your help.  My OrgID is 00Dw0000000mMLM
Thanks Brodie - looking into it.
Hi @chuckmortimore,
I was wondering if you had any luck with my account?
I'm running out of time and might have to leave the Salesforce IDP out of the presentation.  If it is something fixable soon please let me know.
Thanks,
Brodie
Hey Brodie - sorry about the delay.    It looks like you're using a Professional Edition trial.   The Identity Provider feature is only available in EE and above.     Sorry about that!
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Chuckmortimore,
Thanks for the update and the effort it is much appreciated.  I will have to investigate other channels then.
All the best,
Brodie
Krishna PrakashKrishna Prakash
Hi ,

Even I am facing the same issue. Couldn't find the Identity Provider. Please help on this. Was there a solution provided for this?

-Krishna