function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fifedog15fifedog15 

Getting unhandled fault message even when I've placed system fault in flow

I'm befuddled on why I'm getting the generic unhandled fault message when I have a fault message built into the flow, any ideas?

Error Message: An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

Screen shot of flow: http://screencast.com/t/ADXvW0Eb8W

Best Answer chosen by fifedog15
Salesforce WizardSalesforce Wizard
It's true there's only a fault line from Lookups, Create,Update, and delete elements - but that doesn't mean that is the only place where the Flow can fault!

For example, it could very well be faulting at your Assignment Element - which would stop the flow and therefore you never get to the Error Screen.

Try doing the dev console for debug...

else - as lame as it may sound -> Put a screen between the assignment and the Lookup and see what you get. If you get that screen then you know the error is happening after the assignment...

Also - what are you actually assigning? I'm assuming you're doing a lookup based on the email a user types up. You could just reference that screen input in your Lookup - no variable required and therefore no assignment

All Answers

Ya that's always annoying.

Have you figured out where the error actually occurs? Or is that message from your Account Fault Screen?

Something you can also do is include your variables in the screen (or email) for debug. I've had some Flow error out because a variable was actually NULL when it shouldn't be.

You can also use the Dev Consol to get more debug information. Set your Workflow to Finest and then run your flow. You'll get a whole mess of data.
fifedog15fifedog15
The error is at the Fast Lookup, that's the only place which this can error out.  However since I have a 'fault' from my lookup I should be getting the Account Fault Screen with the System erorr listed, however it's not going to that page.  That's the issue, I want to see the system error but it's not showing me.  
It's true there's only a fault line from Lookups, Create,Update, and delete elements - but that doesn't mean that is the only place where the Flow can fault!

For example, it could very well be faulting at your Assignment Element - which would stop the flow and therefore you never get to the Error Screen.

Try doing the dev console for debug...

else - as lame as it may sound -> Put a screen between the assignment and the Lookup and see what you get. If you get that screen then you know the error is happening after the assignment...

Also - what are you actually assigning? I'm assuming you're doing a lookup based on the email a user types up. You could just reference that screen input in your Lookup - no variable required and therefore no assignment
This was selected as the best answer
fifedog15fifedog15
Brian, good point about the place of fault which could be the assignment.  That assignment was there because I've been just trying random different things because it's not working.  I've henced removed the assignment, made sure my fast lookup is using the input field from the Get Email screen but still getting a fault.

I've tried since posting is creating a normal Account Lookup.  That works fine.  I've never used the new sObjects or Fast lookups before so this is my first try.  I'm going though some of Bill's webinars which seems striaght forward.

I've nevered used the Dev Console for debugging so not really sure what you're suggesting. 
fifedog15fifedog15
It turns out the issue was on my validation page.  There was a field "Person Email" from the person account record which caused the issue since there really is not field, just a formula.  That apparently was the cause of the issue, the page doesn't display formula fields, or these phantom fields.