function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sanchivan SivadasanSanchivan Sivadasan 

Text Email Template is adding an html tag on the top

Hi there,

We have a workflow that leverages a Text Email Template type. The workflow and the emails are getting triggered and being sent. But for the past few days what is happening is there is '<html>' tag that is added at the top of the email that is being sent. Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance.

Sanchivan S.
Best Answer chosen by Sanchivan Sivadasan
Ok found out that is not salesforce, it is our internal URL defence proof system that is doing this. Thanks.

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Hi Sanchivan, see if there were any recent edits done to the text email template to confirm that it is not with the template. Just a random thought, have you pasted the content from word document by any chance. Becuase, I have seen an issue long back where the text that is copied over from word to email template carries hidden formatting strings that will be in html hence the issue. To fix this, I have copied over the content to notepad and then pasted it back in the new email template which has fixed the problem once for all.

Hope this helps!!
Hi Ramu,

I still have the issue. It's really wierd why this is happening.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Can you please try out the workaround that I explained, cut paste the content from/in notepad and back to NEW email template?
That's what I tried. I created a new email template and pasted it from Notepad and I also edited the existing template and pasted from Notepad. Both of them did not work.
Ok found out that is not salesforce, it is our internal URL defence proof system that is doing this. Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer