function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ivo DimovIvo Dimov 

How to add space after last row in multi line TextArea field in VisualForce?

Hi,
I have created VF web form, where users can get to and populate certain information.
I have text area field with 5 rows called "Description of Problem", Under that field I would like to display free text "Requester Information". I have used the br tags to create separation between the field and the text, which looks good under Chrome and IE8, but not IE9. The free text is displayed after the 2nd row next to the "Decription of Prolem" field. This occurs only in IE9. If I keep adding the br tags the "Requester Information" will go down, and under IE9 will look ok, but then it looks ugly under Chrome and IE8 since it will add more space.
My question is what tag can I use to define the free text to be added under the TextArea field. I found that this could be controlled under CSS, but though that this should be managed under VF as well.

Here is a sample of the code:

<div class="form-group">
                <label for="inputDescription" class="control-label col-xs-2">* Description of Problem</label>
                <div class="col-xs-10">
                    <apex:inputTextArea styleClass="form-control" id="inputDescription" required="true" rows="5" value="{!description}"/>

</div>
             </div>

<br/><br/>
              <h4> Requester Information </h4>
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
I do not think it is possible in text fields but may be possible in richtext field as it support html. Salesforce automatically truncates all the white spaces. The below post has some information on the same.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&id=90630000000grP8AAI
Ivo DimovIvo Dimov
Hi,
Thank you for the feedback.
I did read the post, but I think I may not have expressed clearly what I am trying to do.
The "Request Information" text is not part of the "Description of Problem" field. I use the field as in unput field and have created 5 rows. The issue I am having is that "Request Information" is showing next to the field on row 2, and I really want the text to show under the "Description of Problem" field.