function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karen RakotonKaren Rakoton 

How to use the Chatter Group layout?

Hello all,
I want to display a text in the Chatter Group Edit page (displayed when clicking the "Group Settings" in a Chatter Group page, or when clicking the "New Group" button in the Groups tab). To do that, I edited a Chatter Group layout found in Setup | Customize | Chatter | Groups | Group layouts, added a Visualforce page that contains the text, and assigned the result layout to all users. However, when I go to a Chatter group edit page, I don't see any changes. Can anyone tell if in their org, the manipulation working, and why in mine I can't see the modifications?

Thanks a lot,

Karen
Best Answer chosen by Karen Rakoton
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Just came across this article at the link below and a note says "Chatter group layout changes affect the Salesforce1 app only. Changes to the group publisher (actions and layout) reflect in both the full Salesforce site and the Salesforce1 app." . Please verify the settings once from salesfoce1 app to confirm if the changes reflected on SF1.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=customize_layoutcustomize_pd.htm&siteLang=en_US

All Answers

Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Just came across this article at the link below and a note says "Chatter group layout changes affect the Salesforce1 app only. Changes to the group publisher (actions and layout) reflect in both the full Salesforce site and the Salesforce1 app." . Please verify the settings once from salesfoce1 app to confirm if the changes reflected on SF1.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=customize_layoutcustomize_pd.htm&siteLang=en_US
This was selected as the best answer
Karen RakotonKaren Rakoton
Thanks for the link, however I don't have Salesforce1 installed yet to test if the changes I made affect the Chatter Group Edit page in Salesforce. Plus, I want to change the Chatter Group Edit page only in Chatter (the client I am dealing with doesn't use Salesforce1). Is there another solution to do that. I came accross the Publisher layout, does it affect the Chatter Group Edit page? Do you know what standard controller add to a Visualforce to make it appear in a publisher layout?
Thanks