function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike ConradyMike Conrady 

How to activate the Self-Service Portal in a developer sandbox

My company has the self-service portal activated.
Under Setup >> App Setup >> Customize >> Self Service, there are three entries:
Public Solutions
Web-to-Case
Self-Service Portal

However, in my dev sanbox, I see only the first two options, and I cannot find a way to enable the Self-Service portal.  Every document or post that I've found that tells how to do this seems dated - the options suggested are not there or don't work.  I feel I must be missing something simple, but I cannot find it. 

I need to activate this to test changes in our company web site that exposes the Salesforce self-service portal to our customers.
Best Answer chosen by Mike Conrady
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
Yes, basically when you create a new SB or org. it always get with new release. When you refresh any SB then it get's with Prod release. So, your developer sandbox is counted as a new organization and your don't see this feature. Though there is a below trick which migh or might not work:

Can you try to refresh your DEV SB if you have it as fresh copy? It might get you that Self Service Portal from Prod. But, I am not sure and I think it might not will carry Self Service Portal to DEV SB but will carry it in FullCopy SB if you have one!

PS: if this answers your question then hit Like and mark it as solution!

All Answers

Starting with Spring '12 the Self-Service portal isn't available for new organizations. Existing organizations continue to have access to the Self-Service portal.

Reference: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_selfservice.htm&language=en_US

Mike ConradyMike Conrady
Thanks - I had seen this info.  Does a developer sandbox count as a new organization?  I guess I assumed I should have access to the self-service portal in the sandbox because I do in my production site.
Yes, basically when you create a new SB or org. it always get with new release. When you refresh any SB then it get's with Prod release. So, your developer sandbox is counted as a new organization and your don't see this feature. Though there is a below trick which migh or might not work:

Can you try to refresh your DEV SB if you have it as fresh copy? It might get you that Self Service Portal from Prod. But, I am not sure and I think it might not will carry Self Service Portal to DEV SB but will carry it in FullCopy SB if you have one!

This was selected as the best answer
Mike ConradyMike Conrady
Sorry for the delayed response - but I think the FullCopy SB is what we need. We have one; I'm still working on getting access to it from the developer who created it. 

Thanks!
Aman Gulati 5Aman Gulati 5
HI,

How do i use Service Portal for Releases Post Spring 12.Is there a different concept that i need to use?

-Aman