function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael M.Michael M. 

Old value on controller side while updating rich text field on custom object

Hi community,

I developed a VF component (with allowDML flag), which includes a rich text field as inputfield tag and a saving command button executing only the "update record" method on controller side. So far everything's fine.

But from the user perspective: When I change the value on the visualforce page and next, hit the save button (<apex:commandButton id="btnSave" value="Save" action="{!doSave}" />), everything is updated except the value of the rich text field.

I looked into the values of the record via system.debug() and it seems to do not enforce the data binding only of the rich text field. Other fields are updated correctly, but the value of the rich text field does not change.

I also tried to adjust the api version of the VF Page and controller, but no luck.
Sometimes it works only once if I change a tiny thing in the code like adding a space or an empy line into the VF page (strange...)

I cannot find any "known issues" thread, which can be related to this situatio. Thus, I'm asking you, guys.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Best regards
Michael
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi Michael,

Could you post your VFP and controller class code, it will help in order to see what could be possible reason for the issue and provide a solution.