function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vignesh NayakVignesh Nayak 

Dev 401

Hi people,

I wanted some clarifications on the set of questions w.r.t Salesforce Dev 401 examination.

Following are the set of questions :

1. Dynamic Dashboards can have a Scheduled Refresh ?  
   A.   True
   B.   False

2. When you delete an analytic snapshot, the source report and target object are also deleted?  
   A.   True
   B.   False

3. How many external Id’s are allowed on an object ?  
    A.   1
    B.   7
    C.   3 
    D. 4
4. Default values can be set on the Dependent Picklist Fields ?  
    A.   True
    B.   False
5. Do the Access granted to reports by the Folders roll up via the role Hierarchy ?  
    A.   Yes 
    B.   No
6. Standard reports parameters (Available Fields, Criteria, time Frame) be changed and saved in the same Standard Report ?  
    A.   True  
    B.   False

7. Can we change URL of the context-specific Help links on any salesforce.com page (one for all)?  
    A.  True
    B.  False

8. Standard components on home page is not editable except  
    A.  Dashboard Snapshot
    B.  Items to Approve
    C.  Recent Items
    D.  Create New...
    E.  Calendar
    F.  Tasks
    G.  Customer Portal Welcome
    H.  Messages & Alerts()
    I.  Custom Links

9. 'Custom links' standard component contains up to how many bookmarks? 
   A.   5
   B.   10
   C.   20
   D.   15

10. Which kinds of custom component can be added to home page?  
   A.  Links
   B.  Image Area
   C.  Bookmarks
   D.  Script Area
   E.  Image/Logo()
   F.  HTML Area

Please do the needful.

Regards,
Vignesh Nayak S
Best Answer chosen by Vignesh Nayak
U JayU Jay
1.(False)
2.(False)
3.(In the Salesforce CRM user interface, you can identify up to seven (7) custom fields on an object as being an external ID field. The field type must be a text, number or email field. An external ID contains record IDs from a system outside of Salesforce. You can match against this field during importing or integration or when using the upsert call. Also, external ID fields are indexed, so selective filters on them should run quickly.)
4.(You can set default values for controlling fields but not for dependent picklists.)
5.(No)
6.(False)
7.(True)
8.(I & H)
9.(15)
10.(A,E and F)

Google gave me these answers.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
If these are real questions you have just broken the test taker agreement. If these aren't real questions you can research the areas using the Salesforce help or google.
Vignesh NayakVignesh Nayak
Hi bob_buzzard,

I found these questions in google, got confused with answers as different sites show different answers. So posted these questions.
So there is no question of breaking the test taker agreement.

Regards,
Vignesh Nayak S
U JayU Jay
1.(False)
2.(False)
3.(In the Salesforce CRM user interface, you can identify up to seven (7) custom fields on an object as being an external ID field. The field type must be a text, number or email field. An external ID contains record IDs from a system outside of Salesforce. You can match against this field during importing or integration or when using the upsert call. Also, external ID fields are indexed, so selective filters on them should run quickly.)
4.(You can set default values for controlling fields but not for dependent picklists.)
5.(No)
6.(False)
7.(True)
8.(I & H)
9.(15)
10.(A,E and F)

Google gave me these answers.
This was selected as the best answer