function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David BinsteadDavid Binstead 

Default all Community Chatter group digests' Frequency to 'Never'

I'm trying to code a solution to default all Community Chatter group digests'  Frequency to 'Never' for all of our internal users based on profiles so that users do not recieve duplicated chatter digests. I.e one for Internal user and one for Community user.

We currently have a manual process, exporting reports/manipulating in Excel and then importing with demand tools, updating the CollaborationGroup record, after the community user has joined the group.

I can match this with code and run a scheduled apex but I was wondering if anybody knows how to achieve this so that the frequency is set to never when the Community user joins the group.

I've been experimenting with the NetworkMember Object, after setting the 'DefaultGroupNotificationFrequency' to 'N' for a user,  the users joins a group but then the frequency for that group in their email settings is still set to 'Weekly Digests'
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
There is no automated feature as such where you can default the frequency to never from the UI. The only way we follow is to insert/update the group members email frequency to Never using api tools like dataloader.

Having said this, have you tried using triggers . The below article seems promising
https://developer.salesforce.com/releases/release/Spring13/Triggers+for+CollaborationGroup+and+CollaborationGroupMember

You may try creating a trigger and set the notification frequency to N. If time permits, I will give a shot and let you know if I am successful.
David BinsteadDavid Binstead
HI Ramu,

So I would need to write the trigger so that whenever an external user joins a group it will update the value to 'n"?.  Is it possible to refine by profile? Code examples would be appreciated. Thank you