function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony GiulianoAnthony Giuliano 

Visualforce Data Entry Page

Hi, I'm a new salesforce admin, with no experience in any of this, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  I'd like to create a data entry page that a user could get to from any account record.  The page would show all the account fields, and then have a section for contacts.  This section should show all (or certain) contact fields for each related contact.  The user would be able to enter all the contacts' info on this page.  Below that, the same thing for opportunities.  All (or certain) opp fields for the user to edit for each related opportunity.  Bonus points if you could also create new contacts / opportunities from this layout without a page refresh, but I understand that might be more complicated.

I cant believe this kind of functionality doesn't come out of the box with SF.  If anyone could help in any way it would be much appreciated.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
If you wish to have all this on a signle page, you would have to go for a visualforce page to have all these records created at once:

Following is a sample page which can create an account for you in your org:
<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts" tabStyle="account">
    <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:commandButton action="{!create}" value="Create New Account"/>
            <apex:repeat value="{!accounts}" var="a">
                <apex:pageBlockSection columns="3" >
                    <apex:outputText value="{!a.Name}"/>
                    <apex:outputText value="{!a.BillingCity}"/>
                    <apex:outputText value="{!a.Phone}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockSection>
            </apex:repeat>  
    </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

I would encourage you to go thorugh the following guides/training to understand how you can tweak the above code to get contacts/opps on the same page:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#CSHID=pages_controller_custom.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fpages_controller_custom.htm|SkinName=webhelp