function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg RohmanGreg Rohman 

Salesforce for Outlook: Keep Contact Address on Sync

Hello.

When syncing a contact from Outlook to Salesforce for an existing Account, is there a method to keep the Contact's address from Outlook on the Contact record? When I sync now, the address on the Salesforce Contact record is being overwritten by the address from the existing Salesforce Account.

Thank you in advance.

-Greg
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Greg,

You should be able to modify the field mappings in your outlook configuration in salesforce. Please see this: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=outlookcrm_config_map_fields.htm&language=en_US

Thanks,
Shashank
Greg RohmanGreg Rohman
Hi Shashank, and than you for the reply.

I have the fields mapped properly in my Outlook Configuration, but when the Outlook contact is synced to Salesforce, the address values are overwritten by the address of the Account that the Contact belongs to.

-Greg
I believe this only happens when the address field in blank in contacts, and I'm afraid this behavior cannot be modified.
Greg RohmanGreg Rohman
Hi Shashank, and thanks again for the reply.

The Contact's address is not blank in Outlook. In fact, in this particular case, the Outlook contact has an address, but the Account that it is being attached to in Salesforce has a blank address. So when the contact is synced into Salesforce, the address ends up blank.

-Greg
I would recommend you to raise a case with salesforce support so that they can provide a good workaround for this behavior.