function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lee SinLee Sin 

Question on Mass Email Tracking

I am doing Email-Campaigns for all of our clients.
Basicly, the clients are 'Parent' Accounts in SF and we are going to do a mail-merge to all the children Accounts(Contacts of those accounts)  of those clients respectively.
I have some requirements here:

1. We want to send mass emails on-behalf of our client so the sender should be our client's email.
2. We want to track the emails(e.g. how many are opened)
3. We have 50+ clients so we don't want to create SF login for each of them.

How am I able to do this? 
Through API? How can I track email through API?

Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
There is an HTML e-mail report built into Salesforce that offers some of the details you are looking for. Here is a snippet from the article about the report:

"After sending an HTML email, you can track the date it was first opened, the number of times it was opened, and the date it was most recently opened.
Detail pages for contacts, leads, and person accounts include an HTML Email Status related list. Each email you send to a person or mass distribution list is listed, including the date the email was sent, first opened, last opened, and the total number of times it was opened by all users (multiple openings by the same user are counted). This list also includes automatic emails such as those sent through Web-to-Lead and Web-to-Case response rules."

I don't know of any app that adds more detail though. The org I am at now uses a mix of Salesforce and Constant Contact.
jay saijay sai
Hi Lee Sin,

Massmailer is an third party application available in the salesforce appexchange, which fullfill your requirement.

By using this you can send mass emails on-behalf of your client so the sender should be in your client's email., you can track your mail and more .

For this, you might need to visit and look forward to this application :  massmailer 

For more information about massmailer please go through this LINK