function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arshad ShaikArshad Shaik 

VF Page Popup should open after clicking on Image Formula field

Hi All,

We have a requirement where a Formula Field with return type Image was implemented to display SF icons.

IF(!Reconciliation_Flag__c,
IMAGE('img/msg_icons/securitywarning48.gif',"Reconcile"),IMAGE('img/msg_icons/securityconfirm48.gif',"No Reconcile"))

Now, Our new requirement is whenever user clicks on this image then a new VF Page Popup window should open.

Can anyone please tell me how do we make that image as a link and whenever user hovers cursor on that image it should appear as "hand" and user can click on it to open a new VF Page Popup?
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
This post might help

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gnb1AAA
Arshad ShaikArshad Shaik
Hi Ramu,

Thanks for the help!! :)
It helped me to make that image as a link and open some URL on clicking on that image.

Now, Could you please let me know what should be done to open a VF Page Popup whenever we click on that image? 
Hi Arshad, I tried setting the target variable as _popup but even that did not help. Try this out once and let me know the results

HYPERLINK("<VF Page url>", IMAGE("<image url>", "click here") ,"_popup" )
Arshad ShaikArshad Shaik
Hi Ramu,

Just now read in other discussion that popup is not possible through a hyperlink.
Oh in that case the only alternative would be to try using custom link and let it open the page in popup as explained in the below discussion

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000972hIAA
Arshad ShaikArshad Shaik
Thanks for your inputs!!

I have tried both ways you suggested.

First one, Using Hyperlink, I can be able to display a image and can assign a VF Page. But this will bring that VF Page in new window instead of Popup.

Seond one, Using Custom link or button, which will open a VF page in popup. But that Custom Link will be displayed as a Link.

Is there anyway where we can mix above two ways.
i.e., Image has to be displayed and when user clicks on it, VF page should open in popup?