function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ZayneLoftZayneLoft 

Custom report type not visible via Metadata API?

I've got a bizarre custom report type that shows up for my users (in the report builder UI) as 'Contacts with Journals and Products'. However, that report type does not show up at all in the reportType components in Eclipse, nor is it listed under Setup-->Create-->Report Types. I can look at the 'reportType' attribute for reports created from this reportType, and the reportType attribute is 'ContactCustomEntity$Journal__c@Journal__c.Product__c'. (Which is not listed in Eclipse or my org's setup menu either.) Using Workbench & the analyics API, I can see that this particular reportType has a 'label' of 'Contacts with Custom Object'--which is also not showing up anywhere. Any ideas about how I can actually GET AT this report type? I need to be able to add fields and manage this report type--and I'd also like to know why it's showing up as a valid report type in the UI, but not behaving correctly on the back end.
Best Answer chosen by ZayneLoft
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
If it says "Contacts with Custom Object", it is not exactly a custom report type. It is a standard report type created when a custom object relationship is formed through a lookup field or master-detail field. Custom report types are only the report types that a user creates, not the ones that are created as a result of a new relationship.