function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ganesh EkhandeGanesh Ekhande 

Unable to enable Lightning Components in developer edition...

Hi Everyone..

I have tried enabling Lightning Component by referring to lightning Quick Start guide at https://developer.salesforce.com/resource/pdfs/Lightning_QuickStart.pdf

I am stucked at step 3. I am unable to see Lightning Components under Develope. Can someone help me out if I am missing anything here.

Thanks You!!
Best Answer chosen by Ganesh Ekhande
Jolanda VerhoefJolanda Verhoef
Can you check if you're running the Winter 15 Release (what number is in the top left image)? The normal registration form still gives you a Summer 14 release Developer Edition. There is a url for registering a developer preview sandbox, but I can't find it at the moment..

All Answers

Gaurav NirwalGaurav Nirwal
Its not working for existing developer org. Need to register a new org after registering follow this steps.

- a.   Click Setup | Create | Packages and then click Edit. 
           b.   Click Continue. 
           c.   Type a namespace and then click Check Availability to see if it’s unique.
           d.   Click Review My Selections and then Save
           e.   From Setup, click Develop | Lightning Components.
           f.   Select the Enable Lightning Components checkbox and click Save.
I followed this doc which worked for me.
Thanks Gaurav! After following the steps mentioned by you, I am still not able to see *From Setup, click Develop | Lightning Components *even after creating new dev org.
Can you check if you're running the Winter 15 Release (what number is in the top left image)? The normal registration form still gives you a Summer 14 release Developer Edition. There is a url for registering a developer preview sandbox, but I can't find it at the moment..
This was selected as the best answer
The URL: https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/prerelease-winter15.jsp
Thanks Jolanda!!! I am able to see Lightning Components under Develope now:)
xavier huexavier hue
Hi, The URL https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/prerelease-winter15.jsp specifies that the pre-released 15 is closed. I have registered this morning, I have a 15 version of the DE but and I don't have access to Lightning Components. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks
Hi Xavier,

Please register at https://developer.salesforce.com/. You will get Winter15 release developer edition by default.

Thanks!!!
Wenda McMahanWenda McMahan
I am having the same issue -- I can't see the Lightning Components. This is a new Salesforce developer org, that I just created today -- can anyone clarify what needs to happen? When I go to Develop => Lightning Components, I see only an option to Enable Debug Mode. Thanks for any help/clarification.
SamReadySamReady
Wenda - From Winter '16 on, Lightning Components are automatically enabled so you will not see an "Enable Lightning Components" checkbox in setup. However, Lightning App Builder will say that Lightning Components is disabled by default and will not show any custom components or AppExchange components in the org.

You need to create a custom domain under Settings | My Domain and deploy it to all users. Once this is deployed, you'll be able to see Lightning Components in the App Builder, navigate to standalone apps using components, or test them from Dev Console.
Sneha NamdeoSneha Namdeo
What SamReady said and to add to her point you need to be logged in only from your domain else the Lightning App builder does not get displayed. It keeps showing the login screen again and again.
Adarsh Jain 12Adarsh Jain 12
Hi,
     I have tried setting up package name and enabled checkbox for salesforce1, but i cant see my custom components in lightning app builder..its showing 0 still..can anyone help me out!!

Thanks
Adarsh Jain
Adarsh Jain 12Adarsh Jain 12
Hey all,
            got the solution :) you have to add "force:appHostable, flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" in you component as implements then u can see your custom lightning component in lightning app builder.

PS: mark it as suitable answer and like it if it's helpful for you.
Shubham SengarShubham Sengar
Did you get the ans ??
I am having the same issue I can't see the Lightning Components.