function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve HarrisonSteve Harrison 

How to add Contacts from an Account from within an order record?

When sending an email from an order record, you are only given the option to send to users within your company. We would like to select contacts from the account the order is associated with. This option is available when sending emails from Opportunities and Accounts, but not Orders. Has anyone found a way to make this happen? 

Thanks in advance.

Steve
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
As you already know this is something which is not possible using the Standard functionality - however, you can try implementing this using visualforce and custom button
1)Create a custom button on task Object which calls a visualforce page
2)On the visualforce page > use this to send email to contacts form your ORG( sample code on the thread: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F000000091Q5IAI)

3)Edit the page layout of Orders object> add the custom button to the Activity history related list and remove the standard "Send email " button
Steve HarrisonSteve Harrison
Thanks Sonam, but I need a little more help. When I try to create the new button under Orders and select Content Source equals Visualforcepage, there is no drop down menu under Content or place to enter the code. Do I have to create a visualforce page first using the code before it will display as an option under Content? If so, how do I do that? Thanks again. Steve