function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ganesh EkhandeGanesh Ekhande 

Few queries on Salesforce1 Lightning

Hello All,

I have below few questions on Salesforce1 Lightning. Can any one help me here with answers.
1) What are major advantages and disadvantages of  Salesforce1 Lightning?
2) Is  Lightning Schema Builder different than existing Schema Builder? If, YES then 
     2.1) What are the advantages of Lightning Schema Builder over existing Schema Builder? 
     2.2) How to access Lightning Schema Builder?
3) What are the advantages of  Lightning Process Builder over existing Visual Workflow?

Thanks!!

nitesh gadkarinitesh gadkari
Hi,
As per what i observed i am stating,

Pros:
You can easily customize your salesforce salesforce1 mobile apps with just few clicks.
you can customize your navigation menu ,decide which global actions to show,create compact layout,
do branding of your salwsforce1 app according to your business need,

cons:
currently its App builder is in Beta(pilot) version ,so you have to wait for full features. 

with winter 15 release all orgs have salesforce1 lightning.
you can refer to below snapshot Salesforce1 Setup which will take you to lightning app builder.

User-added image 

Regards
Nitesh
Bill Takacs 11Bill Takacs 11
Hi,

1.  For more information on LIghting see: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/services/lightning/

2.  Lighting Scheme Builder is the same as Scheme Builder , just rebranded.

3.  You can think of Process Builder as the next generation of workflow (now called processes and more powerful).  With the Process Builder you can:
  • Create a record.
  • Update fields on any related record—not just the record or its parent.
  • Launch a trigger-ready flow—as an immediate or a scheduled action.
  • Send an email.
  • Post to Chatter
With Visual Workflow you can create more complex decsision logic and processes.   Both products work in concert with each other to automate processess.