function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jReneejRenee 

Hi: I'm trying to create a news ticker for our home page using code that I got from a book, but it's not working....

The directions said to locate and check the Show HTML checkbox, but it wasn't there to check.

So I added the code anyway (see below):

<center><div style="width: 850px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 204); border-color: rgb(51, 153, 255); font-size: 20px; color: black"><marquee scrollamount="6" direction="right" behavior="alternate" onmouseout='this.scrollAmount=6" onmouseover="this.scrollAmount=0" width="850px">NEW Activities Tab Tracks Your Tasks and Events</marquee></div></center>

When I preview it on the Home Page layout, it shows the code written out...what am I doing wrong?

Help me...

-Renee
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
This is where the show HTML option shows:
User-added image
Do you not see it in your org?
jReneejRenee
Hi Shashank:

Thank you for your response!  That button does not appear on that page for some reason.  I checked the other html custom components in our org, and it's on those.  Is there a limit to the amount of custom components that can be added or something? 

What do you think the problem is?

Thank you again,

Renee
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Is the component part of a managed package installed in the org? If so, that could be the problem, as we cannot modify components which are part of a managed package in the same way, as they are restricted by the package provider.

I would suggest you to try creating a new component or clone an existing one which has this button available.