function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Temple SutfinTemple Sutfin 

Migrating to Production with eclipse... Required field is missing: businessProcess

I created record types on the opportunity object, and had to subsequently create a Sales Process too.  Now that I have everything the way that I want it, when I try to migrate it from a sandbox into production, I get the same error no matter what. 
"Opportunity.Flip : Required field is missing: businessProcess"

I get this error for each of my record types.  I can't find anything online to explain this.  Anyone have an idea (that does not involve change sets?)

Thanks in advance

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
It could be related to this known issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T4YDAA0

Please try the workaround mentioned in it and see if it resolves your issue.
Temple SutfinTemple Sutfin
Shashank Thanks for the reply. I did try modifying the version as suggested, with no luck. Ultimately, I am manually recreating massive portions of the build in the Sandbox versus using Eclipse to migrate it. As it happens, it is directly related to the Sales Process required from the Opportunity when using multiple record types. I am still doing this migration, and would still like to hear from anyone that may have other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Jeff HestonJeff Heston
Here's my workaround. I used "Add/Remove" components in Eclipse and did not include the record types or the Lead process (in my case), which was giving the same error as you. Once I deployed all the custom fields, validation rules, list views, etc. using Eclipse, which also brings over field level security and field dependencies, I created a change set to deploy the record types, Lead Process, and all the custom fields that contain picklists that are specific to each record type. Pretty simple and quick workaround until this is fixed.