function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sultansultan 

can we delete reports via data loader please answer this how to delete reports by data loader?

Best Answer chosen by sultan
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Feroz, it is not possible to delete reports using dataloader, you can only extract reports data through Dataloader. The report object is a ReadOnly object if accessed by Dataloader or any other api tool.

You can use the inbuilt Mass Delete Report option from the setup menu  or  use either eclipse or some other IDE's to delete the reports in mass.

All Answers

RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Feroz, it is not possible to delete reports using dataloader, you can only extract reports data through Dataloader. The report object is a ReadOnly object if accessed by Dataloader or any other api tool.

You can use the inbuilt Mass Delete Report option from the setup menu  or  use either eclipse or some other IDE's to delete the reports in mass.
This was selected as the best answer
Sunil PalSunil Pal
HI Feroz 

Through eclipse you can delete the reports or from the setup if it is soo many. Put all those reports in a folder and delete that folder. 

Thanks

Dileep KatariDileep Katari
Hi Sultan, 

Now It is possible to delete reports using Data Loader and Workbench.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=How-to-delete-Reports-and-Dashboard-from-a-Personal-or-a-Private-Folder&language=en_US&type=1

Delete private reports and folders in Data Loader
Note: When running the delete operation in Data Loader, the 'Report' object is not visible.  The steps to do this in Data Loader should be as follows:
1. Select Delete then log in.
2. Select any object from the 'Step 2: Select data objects' list.   (Please note, the Report object will not be visible. Data Loader will only check the ID, and will not check which object this is running against, so it doesn't matter which object is selected.)
3. Click Browse then select your CSV file.  Map the ID field.
4. When prompted, click OK if the number of records to be deleted is correct.
5. Click Create or Edit a Map.
6. Drag the ID field down to the ID row then click OK.
7. Click Next then select Browse to select the location of your success and error files.
8. Click Finish.
9. Click Yes at each prompt to proceed with the delete operation.

You might want to select this as the best answer ;)

sam Billingssam Billings
I also need solver (https://jumblesolver.online) answer. Thanks!
Daniel Chandler (Sys. Admin)Daniel Chandler (Sys. Admin)
Ramu is not the best answer here. I have tried Dileeps response and can confirm that you can in fact delete reports from Data Loader. Please follow his steps.
Jackie NicolJackie Nicol
Dileep is very close in the response for best answer, but I ran into a small issue -- You must also ensure in the Data Loader Settings that Use Bulk API is NOT selected - then it works perfectly! Thank you! 
Michael Langhoff 17Michael Langhoff 17
I used workbench to delete reports in bulk. As Jackie indicated, I had to uncheck Bulk API for it to work. 

Dileep's answer needs to be marked as best answer since Ramu's response could be misleading. 
Sufia ParveenSufia Parveen
Using Dileep's suggestion, Can we also delete the reports that has dashboards associated with them? Has anyone tried this already? Please confirm. Thanks !
Troy CenterTroy Center

Sufia, YES, Dileep's process works for ANY ID in Salesforce, and I just deleted 21 Dashboards from inactive users. 

Here are the two id queries. We do this quarterly at our business. FOR INACTIVE USERS ONLY: ID Field only, use result in dataloader. 

Dashboard Query: SELECT Id FROM Dashboard USING SCOPE allPrivate WHERE RunningUser.IsActive = false

Report Query: SELECT Id FROM Report USING SCOPE allPrivate WHERE Owner.IsActive = false

Troy ~ Seattle

Troy CenterTroy Center

Due to the annoying level of misinformation in the "best Answer" I have flagged it as "inappropriate". Thanks Dileep! I would never had tried that without you. PS I used a known unused object to operate with, just in case. 

Article with all needed information: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000383270&type=1

Dileep Katari -- Best Answer
Troy