function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vandana RattanVandana Rattan 

Customize Opportunity Stage Progression

I have a requirement wherein following needs to be implemented:-

For a particular Opportunity Record Type - 

If there are Opportunity Stages A, B, C, D, E, F Team1 should be able to progress the opp till stage C and also to stage F. They should not be able to progress opp to Stages D, E.

Team2 should be able to progress the opp to all stages.

How can I achieve this functionality? I thought of creating multiple Sales Process but this would require me to create multiple Record Types.
Chris ShadeChris Shade
Vandana,

If you have some information on the User level that distinguishes between team1 and team2, I think you could just use the validation rules to not allow Team1 to put it into stages D & E.  

For the Error Condition Formula on the validation rule, you'd put in something like:

if( and($User.ManagerId = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, or(StageName = "D",StageName = "E"),TRUE,FALSE)

The assumption I made is that the ManagerID for team1 is different then team2 but that could just as easily be a ProfileID, RoleID, Title, etc.

Chris
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi Vandana,

I think you can acheive your requirement using recordtype and sales process. The validation rule is not needed in your scenario.

Vandana RattanVandana Rattan
Thanks Chris/Vijay,

@Chris your soln works. But is it possible to not show stages D and E to team1 keeping in mind that I want to show different stage values for same type (record type) of opportunity to Team1 and Team2?

Creating diff record types does not seem to solve my problem.

Regards,
Vandana