function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
__sandra____sandra__ 

How to deploy the expense app tracker to Salesforce1 ?

Hello,

I have followed the Quick Start steps in the Lightning Component Developer's Guide, and I can test my expense app tracker in the browser, but I would like to know how to deploy it to salesforce1 mobile app?
Best Answer chosen by __sandra__
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, __sandra__, the Quick Start walks you creating a standalone app, which as the name implies operates on its own, outside of the Salesforce1 environment. You can adapt components from the app for integration into Salesforce1 as described in the Lightning FAQ[1].

Q: How do I use Lightning Components with the Salesforce1 Mobile App?
A: Either as Tabs or as Lightning Extensions.

Q: What are Lightning Extensions?
A: They’re a mechanism for using custom-built components to replace existing components in the Salesforce1 Mobile App. This functionality is currently in Pilot.

Regarding the addition of a Lightning component as a tab, you'll want to create a Lightning Component Tab by following the instructions[2] in the Salesforce Help article, "Adding Lightning Components to Salesforce1".

[1]: Lightning FAQ (https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Lightning_FAQ)
[2]: instructions (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=aura_add_cmp_salesforce1.htm&language=en_US)

All Answers

__sandra____sandra__
thank you for your reply however this article has nothing to do with Lightning, I am talking about the new Lightning component plateform
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, __sandra__, the Quick Start walks you creating a standalone app, which as the name implies operates on its own, outside of the Salesforce1 environment. You can adapt components from the app for integration into Salesforce1 as described in the Lightning FAQ[1].

Q: How do I use Lightning Components with the Salesforce1 Mobile App?
A: Either as Tabs or as Lightning Extensions.

Q: What are Lightning Extensions?
A: They’re a mechanism for using custom-built components to replace existing components in the Salesforce1 Mobile App. This functionality is currently in Pilot.

Regarding the addition of a Lightning component as a tab, you'll want to create a Lightning Component Tab by following the instructions[2] in the Salesforce Help article, "Adding Lightning Components to Salesforce1".

[1]: Lightning FAQ (https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Lightning_FAQ)
[2]: instructions (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=aura_add_cmp_salesforce1.htm&language=en_US)
This was selected as the best answer
__sandra____sandra__
Hello Marty C.

Thank you for your response.

You are right, as mentioned in the Developer's Guide : 

"This guide will provide you with an in-depth resource to help you create your own stand-alone Lightning apps, as well as custom Lightning components that can be used in the Salesforce1 mobile app"

So I created a Lightning tab for the lightning component named "Form", and added it to my Salesforce1 tabs, now I can access the Expense Tracker app through Salesforce1 app, however I can only access the lightning tab when accessing Salesforce1 from my smartphone browser, or when I add the one/one.app to the url of salesforce on my laptop browser, the lightning app is not available in the native salesforce1 mobile app, any ideas?

Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, __sandra__, if you can see the tab in Salesforce1 on your phone, my guess is that you're experiencing a caching problem in your browser. Would you try clearing the cache in your browser and trying again? You can also try "refreshing" the navigation menu, by doing a pull-down-release motion at the top of the navigation menu.
Florian MunzFlorian Munz
I'm having a similar or related problem: I've set my lightning component to be appHostable, I've created a Lightning Component Tab for it and put it into the Mobile Navigation. If I login to Salesforce using my mobile browser, it shows up in the navigation. I can click it and everything works as expected. If I start the Salesforce1 iPhone app it also shows up in the left navigation, but when I click it I just see a loading spinner and nothing ever happens.

Is this supposed to work? Do these components need to do something different to work in the native mobile app? I even tried the hello world component example and I see the same spinner.

thanks,
Florian
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, Florian, unfortunately my experience with S1 is that sometimes it just behaves unexpectedly without a particularly good explanation. When something works in one instance of S1 (e.g., your mobile browser) but not another instance (e.g., your native S1 app), the problem is probably beyond your direct control. In these situations, I'd recommend trying the following (in order):

• Log a case with Salesforce Support to make them aware of the issue. You'll want to provide version information for your phone, operation system and the S1 app.
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of the S1 app
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of iOS
  • Back out to the Home screen, then reopen the app
  • Force-close (i.e., kill) the app, then re-launch the app
  • Reboot your phone, then re-launch the app
  • Uninstall the app, deleting all data, then reinstall the app
__sandra____sandra__
Well, you seem to be lucky to see the lightning tab in SF1 mobile app, even with the spinner, because I just uninstalled the app, and installed it again, and still no Lightning tab.. I am running SF1 mobile app on a samsung galaxy S5
Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, __sandra__, thank you for the info about running S1 on Android. Unfortunately, at the current time the official word is that Lightning Tabs are not supported[1] for the native S1 app on Android devices.

[1]: not supported (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/53796/lightning-component-not-displaying-on-salesforce1-menu)
__sandra____sandra__
Thanks Marty!

on the other hand, the lightning tab is available on SF1 mobile app for iOS, but the tab does not display anything.. it's blank!

Marty C.Marty C.
Hello, __sandra__, for the issue you're seeing on iOS I recommend trying the steps that I outlined for Florian in an earlier response.
__sandra____sandra__
Thanks Marty, I uninstalled the app, and installed it again, but still having blank pages on lightning tabs..
Jason GuanJason Guan
Hi everyone, I am facing the same issue, lightning component tab appear as a blank page on iPhone 5, iOS8, there is no loading spinner, drag the page down to refresh does nothing, no spinner. Please help.